Our 30-minute video-based training empowers your staff to provide high-quality care to patients with disabilities.
- Overcoming attitudinal barriers
- Effective communication
- Reasonable accommodations
- Quality care
- Available 24/7
- Compatible with your learning management system
- Includes post-testing competency assessment, implementation guide, and additional online resources about disability accommodation and communication
What you'll learn:
Participants in our training learn how to:
- Engage in respectful and effective communication with all patients
- Work with patients to ensure appropriate accommodations
- Accommodate both apparent and non-apparent disabilities
- Be proactive, to prevent problems before they arise
- Collaborate and problem-solve for each patient and situation
How we help.
In 2012, the U.S. Justice Department announced its Barrier-Free Health Care Initiative. This initiative helps enforce the Americans with Disabilities Act in health care settings.
Inclusive Health Care can help your hospital fulfill the goals of this initiative. Our training also helps your organization meet the patient-centered communication standards of the Joint Commission and other national accreditation programs.
Who we are.
Inclusive Health Care was created by the Institute for Community Inclusion (ICI) at the University of Massachusetts Boston and Boston Children's Hospital.
The ICI is a research institute with decades of experience in workforce training and specialized consultation. Our research and training projects support disability inclusion in four main areas:
- Health Care
- Community Life
Please visit us on Facebook to see what we're doing to advance inclusion in New England, nationally, and internationally.